Nomic Labs is an official partner to the Ethereum Foundation, where our task is to coordinate the Ethereum ecosystem to improve the platform's developer experience. We deliver value across the open source projects and standards that make up the Ethereum developer platform, as well as contributing to more generalized efforts. We also maintain Buidler, the cutting edge Ethereum development environment.
Unlocking developer productivity to accelerate the creation of an alternative and open financial system is what drives us.
We are seeking software engineers and researchers ideally living close to GMT-3 who will be excited to work on the core infrastructure, toolchains and middleware that thousands of developers use to build on Ethereum. The role is oriented towards systems programming and research. Previous Ethereum knowledge isn't required.
As a Systems Programming Engineer at Nomic Labs you will collaborate closely with the founders. Some of your tasks may be to:
- Research and identify friction points for developers building on Ethereum
- Design high-quality solutions that are easy to maintain, flexible, composable, reliable and take into account the needs of a large and diverse ecosystem
- Collaborate with external engineering teams to design solutions and plan releases
- Build prototypes and production-ready implementations of the designed solutions
- Work with codebases you don't own, you didn't author and you don't fully control
- Maintain and implement low level functionality that works directly with the Ethereum VM
- Design and build new developer tools that make the Ethereum ecosystem more productive
- Build smart contracts and dapps for internal research purposes
- Help external engineering teams improve their tooling and processes
- Apply systems thinking to Ethereum as a platform and make decisions taking both the big picture and the short term into consideration
- Knowledge of systems programming
- Low level programming knowledge (notions of assembly x86/arm, etc)